Charis Film Acting presents
Film Acting for Adults
• June – August • Sat. • 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
• Arabian Library Scottsdale
• $150 per 4-weeks (Paid in full prior to class)
- Class limited to 10 students
- Take 1 month or all three
- $50 off 3-month Registration • Use CATM50 in Coupon
- $10 off next class when Referring a Friend
What we’ll cover…
- Develop a strong character by learning to think like the character through a quick and efficient way to develop a backstory, a point of view, and fill in the “white space” of your script.
- Understand your character’s needs, wants and goals.
- Explore improv — both long and short versions.
- Develop scenes from improvisation and put on film.
- Understand set terminology and learn how to take direction in the moment.
- Learn proven ways to memorize lines.
- Work on original scenes.
- Gain confidence. Become a better listener. Gain empathy. Express your emotions. Become a Storyteller.
Carissa Dalton is a professional actor, writer, director, teacher and coach. As an actor, she has over twenty years of commercial, television, film and stage experience. She has appeared in projects for Volkswagen, Teleflora, Amtrak, Mitsubishi, Sony TV, National Geographic and more.
As a writer, actor, and director, she co-wrote, starred-in and directed the feature film, All The Dragons. She has also directed thirty short films. As a teacher and coach, Carissa has worked with actors and directors, helping them elevate their skills through the CFTN Film Lab—a collaborative class of actors, writers, and directors working to create film organically—of which she is the co-founder and co-director.
Carissa is also a well-trained vocalist and dancer, as well as an experienced improv theater performer.
Email Carissa at